Looking for simple activities for early finishers in your elementary classroom? Every teacher has encountered these students in their classrooms. It feels like you only just given out the assignment, and already they are raising their hand and standing in front of you saying “I’m done!”
Or worse — they’re blurting it out, distracting their classmates who are still busy on the assignment or individual task. While some of your early finishers are done because they didn’t take the time to carefully complete the work, other fast finishers are just … THAT FAST!!
Whether they are just good at that skill or are your high flyers who just seem to get everything the FIRST TIME…these fast finishers need something to engage their brains but also allow them to have some fun and relax…because no one wants to finish quickly to only have MORE WORK!
In today’s episode, I’ve put together some of my favorite early finisher activities and simple tips on how to make the process of transitioning those early finishers to a new task SIMPLE.
Color By Code:
- First Grade: https://farrahhenley.com/mathmysteryfirstgradeYLB
- Second Grade: https://farrahhenley.com/SecondGradeMathMysteryYLB
- First Grade: https://farrahhenley.com/firstsprialreviewtpt
- Second Grade: https://farrahhenley.com/secondsprialreviewtpt
- Third Grade: https://farrahhenley.com/thirdsprialreviewtpt
- Kindergarten: https://farrahhenley.com/kindervolume2combo
- First Grade: https://farrahhenley.com/v2firstgradecombo
- Second Grade: https://farrahhenley.com/v2secondgradecombo
- Third Grade: https://farrahhenley.com/v2thirdgradecombo
- Fourth Grade: https://farrahhenley.com/v2fourthgradecombo
- Fifth Grade: https://farrahhenley.com/v2fifthgradecombo
BUMP Games: https://farrahhenley.com/BUMPGames
Squares Your Brain™: https://farrahhenley.com/sybgamestpt
If you want more tips, strategies, and simple systems to take back into your classroom to make your teacher life easier, make sure you check out our Facebook page, blog, and join the VIP Group for exclusive tips and freebies!
Other Episodes You Might Enjoy
Misconceptions About Math and Literacy Centers – EP 311
Simplifying Your Small Group Block – EP 312
Make Learning Fun with Math and Literacy Centers – EP 316
Help Spread the Love
We know that you are the best way for other teachers to find the podcast and get the tips and strategies they need for their classrooms! Please consider leaving a review over on APPLE PODCASTS and sharing today’s episode on social media!
Be A Guest On The Show
Are you a teacher who has a great idea that other teachers need to know about? Contact us! We want you to share your GREAT IDEAS on the podcast! Send an email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reach out to you and set up a time for you to be a guest!