Are you looking for math test review activities for the upcoming assessments or end-of-grade tests? Are you struggling to find activities that aren’t a classroom management nightmare and allow for critical thinking? Today, I am going to share three tips to consider when planning your math test prep and my favorite resources to use with your students.
As the testing season gets closer and closer, some teachers (myself included) find anxiety about how well our students will perform starts creeping in. I always seemed to put so much pressure on myself for my students to perform well. I did this even though I know (deep down) their performance said nothing about how good of a teacher I am.
However, my district and the state are going to look at these scores and draw their own conclusions. So, I always used these three activities this time of year to review critical math skills in my classroom.
- Math Centers
- Spiral Review
- Math Games
- Kindergarten https://farrahhenley.com/kindervolume2combo
- First Grade https://farrahhenley.com/v2firstgradecombo
- Second Grade https://farrahhenley.com/v2secondgradecombo
- Third Grade https://farrahhenley.com/v2thirdgradecombo
- Fourth Grade https://farrahhenley.com/v2fourthgradecombo
- Fifth Grade https://farrahhenley.com/v2fifthgradecombo
• Spiral Review
- First Grade: https://farrahhenley.com/firstsprialreviewtpt
- Second Grade: https://farrahhenley.com/secondsprialreviewtpt
- Third Grade: https://farrahhenley.com/thirdsprialreviewtpt
• Math Games:
- BUMP GAMES: https://farrahhenley.com/BUMPGames
- Squares Your Brain Math: https://farrahhenley.com/sybgamestpt
If you want more tips, strategies, and simple systems to take back into your classroom to make your teacher life easier, make sure you check out our Facebook page, blog, and join the VIP Group for exclusive tips and freebies!
Other Episodes You Might Enjoy
Help Spread the Love
We know that you are the best way for other teachers to find the podcast and get the tips and strategies they need for their classrooms! Please consider leaving a review over on APPLE PODCASTS and sharing today’s episode out on social media!
Be A Guest On The Show
Are you a teacher who has a great idea that other teachers need to know about? Contact us! We want you to share your GREAT IDEAS on the podcast! Send an email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reach out to you and set up a time for you to be a guest!